Mossman - Port Douglas Parish (est. 1877)

Return to Parish Index >>

 

Parish Office: 24 Grogan Street, Mossman  QLD  4873
Postal Address: PO Box 116, Mossman  QLD  4873
Telephone: 07 4098 2001
Email: mossman.parish@cairns.catholic.org.au
Fax:  07 4098 1303
Website: www.catholicdouglas.org.au
Parish Clergy: Fr Michael Szymanski, Parish Administrator
Mass Times:

SEASONAL MASS TIMES
Click here for Christmas
and Easter Mass times

ST AUGUSTINE'S CHURCH, Mossman
Please click here to access the Parish website for Mass times
   
ST MARY'S CHURCH, Port Douglas
Please click here to access the Parish website for Mass times
Schools: St Augustine's Primary School, MossmanLink will take you to an external website

Churches within our Parish

ST AUGUSTINE'S CHURCH
24B Grogan Street, Mossman
     
St Augustine's Church, Mossman  
View Larger Map
ST MARY'S CHURCH
2 Endeavour Street, Port Douglas
     

View Larger Map
  St Mary's Church, Port Douglas

About Our Parish

Parish History

The town of Port Douglas was founded in June 1877 and by December there were plans to build. Mossman became a "station" in the parish in 1888. In 1896-1904 Port Douglas-Mossman was attached to the Parish of Cairns, and 1917-1932 it was administered by the Parish Priest of Mareeba.

In 1932 it regained a resident priest, who lived in Mossman rather than Port Douglas, and in 1934 the parish was listed in the Australasian Catholic Directory as the Parish of Mossman & Port DouglasPlease refer to the parish website for more information.

 

 

CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CAIRNS

183 Abbott Street, Cairns  QLD  4870    |   PO Box 625, Cairns  QLD  4870
Ph: 07 4046 5620      |       Email:    reception@cairns.catholic.org.au